Friday, November 13, 2009

Random Thoughts








I was looking at my profile today and noticed that it says I've been on blogger since 2007, even though I just started "this" blog two months ago.  I originally started on blogger when I was doing my library tech. courses and we had to do a course on multimedia.  I had never heard of blogging before and frankly, thought it was going to be really stupid.  We had to set up a dummy blog and publish, I think, three posts.  I remember one of my classmates commenting (we had to comment on each other's posts too) that mine reminded him of Martha Stewart.  I didn't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult (I chose compliment). I kind of wish I hadn't deleted those posts - it would be fun to see them now.

Fast forward a year or two and I resurrected my blog when I was digital scrapbooking so I could participate in contests etc.  I never really got going on it and let it go when I stopped that foolishness. I probably shouldn't have deleted those posts either.

But my blog reader lists dozens of amazing people all sharing their lives, whether they are diy, decorating, crafts, knitting, or whatever touches me.  And I have gained so much inspiration from them.  My husband doesn't get it - why do I want to read about other people's lives? Because it makes me appreciate my own - I'm not alone in my feelings on this or that.  Or I gain a new perspective into things I thought I knew.  Not to mention all the decorating, craft, knitting tips I have gained.

So to every blog poster I have read - thank you.  Thank you for sharing a little (or a LOT) about yourself, your home, you family, your lives.  Blog on ...........

No comments: