Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just because ... I wanted to join the vignette party

I'm joining Donna's Vignette Party over at Funky Junk Interiors.







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



These are just a few gatherings I have around the house.  


The first is my new coffee table tray. I've never had anything on here because the trunk is also our liquor cabinet. We rarely use it, but it's awkward to offer a guest a drink and then make them wait while we unload a bunch of stuff off the top. So I found this tray at Home Sense (love) and now I can just pick up the whole shebang if I need to get into it.




I recently redid my mantle.  It is very narrow so decorating it is always a challenge.  I repainted the candle tray a few weeks ago (it used to be cranberry) and added the numbers.  I added the little white pumpkins today, which is the extent of fall/Halloween decorating in my house.

























This vignette sits atop my hallway shelf thing we got from a friend.  I can't give a full shot of this beautiful piece because it's a mess.  I live with teenagers, enough said.






This is a little grouping of cream and sugar dishes that all belonged to my grandparents.  They are on the bottom shelf of my dining room plate rack.





For some really great inspiration head over the Funky Junk Interiors to see the rest of the party goers.


(my apologies if the text is small with huge spaces in between - blogger is being mean to me.)




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your clean style! Makes mine look overdone!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

The numbered candleholder is such a great piece! I also have shallow fireplace mantles, it's very fusterating trying to decorate them.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

What Kelly said! I love your style too!

I see you also love the tray idea. I tell ya, it makes moving our stuff around so much easier. :)

The mantel with the pumpkins is just stunning right down to those little ribbons! The numbers make it so whimsical. And those little stars... oh I need me somo those!

And that hallway display shelf takes me waaay back in time. It's charming! Even if underneath it isn't right now for you. :)

Lovely! Thanks for linking up to the party!

Funky Junk Donna

P.S. If you're still using the old blogger to create your posts, when you go make a new one, look for the new version it asks if you wish to use. It's far superior for avoiding those annoying spaces! (I've wasted plenty of hourse fixing and tweaking to no avail in the old one) It isn't fool proof, but there's improvement. I still haven't figured out how to apply a link to a pic yet in the new one. Annoying! Always something I guess. :)

Anne Lorys said...

How could anyone not love your mantle vignette? That is just spectacular, you have a *great* eye.
I discovered you via the vignette party, so nice to meet you!
All the best,
Anne

Michelle Hughes said...

Oh I love your mantle! Love the numbers!

Smiles!
Michelle

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love your mantel. And I can totally relate to taking photos that don't show the real mess behind the scenes. The tray is a great idea!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Your mantle is the bomb! Love it!

Unknown said...

Very pretty and you have some really nice pieces. I love the stars. Yes, trays are great. I love that when my nieces and nephews bring their kids by, or my boys need more space, I can quickly bring the tray to higher, and safer, ground.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Beautiful! I love what you did to the candle tray...putting numbers on it!

Sherri said...

I love your mantel. VERY nice! And that tray is Awesome!

Janean said...

The shelf with that little bike is just too cute!